Earlier this week, Iredell County parents served papers to their school board due to school mask mandates and several other grievances.
Another battle this week in North Carolina took place in Dare County.
Several parents in the school district reportedly served papers to the Dare County School Board with an intent to file a claim against their surety bonds.
Dare County School Board in North Carolina – 4,989 children LIBERATED!https://t.co/K22wINNLw6
— 🍊🍊🇺🇸Lowflyer82🇺🇸🍊🍊 (@lowflyer82) February 10, 2022
Watch the parents serve the school board members at the meeting:
The woman speaking lists the following demands while others serve papers to the school board members:
- Removal of obscene material from school premises
- Stop all discussion, consideration, or plans for on-site testing
- Cease all advertisement and coercion of COVID-19 injections
- Halt all policies that require universal masking, masking without parental consent, and discrimination based on masking
- End the unlawful quarantine of healthy children
- Craft and pass policy to prohibit critical race theory in any form
Just after the meeting, the board voted to make masks optional.
The Outer Banks Voice reported:
Face coverings now optional inside buildings.
By a 6 to 1 margin, the Dare County Board of Education voted during its Feb. 8 meeting to modify its policy requiring face coverings. Effective immediately, face coverings will no longer be required in school buildings, but will continue to be mandated on school buses.
With little fanfare, Board Member Mary Ellon Ballance made the motion to modify the policy. The motion was seconded by Board Member Carl Woody. Margaret Lawler cast the sole dissenting vote.
The move comes nearly two years after N.C. Governor Roy Cooper closed schools as the first COVID-19 cases began to spread across the state in early 2020. Since then, with the exception of a short period at the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year, face coverings have been required in Dare County Schools.
A victory for the children and parents of Dare County!