President Trump recently said this “may be the last time” Americans will see him because he has “a lot of enemies out there.” His words came to pass with his recent announcement deciding not to hold MAGA rallies.
Trump has waged War with big pharmaceutical companies and very wealthy rich men might do whatever they can to hurt him. Also with a shooting outside the White House, security is on high alert and it might be to costly to go in front of big crowds at the moment.
Although these could be the very reasons Trump won’t hold MAGA rallies anymore, Trump states that the rallies may be finished due to Covid social distancing rules making stadiums appear empty.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 12, 2020
President @realDonaldTrump on his fight against Big Pharma to lower drug prices: "We have one chance to do it, and no other president is going to do what I do" pic.twitter.com/0B0JYDCO8W
— Team Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TeamTrump) August 6, 2020
"I have a lot of enemies. This may be the last time you see me for a while. I have a lot of very rich enemies. They're not happy with what I'm doing. But I figure we have one chance to do it. No other president is gonna do what I do."
– @realDonaldTrump 🇺🇸https://t.co/95AJoWn1tC— Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) August 7, 2020
Fox News had this to say about President Trump no longer having MAGA rallies:
President Trump in two separate interviews on Tuesday indicated that he may not be holding any more in-person rallies before the Nov. 3 presidential election due to coronavirus concerns, a blow to the candidate who thrives on stage, riling up crowds with his fiery speeches attacking opponents and touting his own accomplishments.
Trump spoke with Fox Sports’ Clay Travis on “Outkick the Coverage” and Hugh Hewitt on his namesake radio show, and in both interviews alluded that rallies may be a thing of the past for his campaign.
“You can’t have empty seats,” Trump said to Travis while discussing some of the college football crowds he’s seen, which he said impressed him compared to NFL crowds. “If I had five empty seats, for instance, they said, when I do a rally, sir, the reason I won’t do them because you can’t have one seat and then seven around that seat, sir, have to be empty. Oh, that’ll look great.”
Trump added: “You have one person and everything’s … empty around them. You can’t do that. And I’m not sure that college football can do it but we’ll have to see.”
Later in the day the Big Ten and PAC-12 conferences, two of the NCAA’s “Power Five” conferences, each canceled their fall sports seasons over coronavirus concerns.
And with Hewitt, Trump said that his campaign “can’t” hold rallies because of social distancing requirements — though he did brag that as he drives to and from engagements in swing states like Ohio, Texas and Florida, the road is lined with “the largest crowds on the highway I’ve ever seen.”
“I’d love to do the rallies,” Trump said. “We can’t because of the COVID. You know, you can’t have people sitting next to each other.”
The Trump campaign isn’t stopping all in-person activities. Its ground game has visited over 1 million potential voters and it’s still holding a number of smaller, in-person events. Last week it held an “Evangelicals for Trump” event in a Las Vegas casino, thumbing its nose at a rule in the state that caps attendance to houses of worship more strictly than the similar rule that applies to casinos. Vice President Pence will be in Iowa Thursday for a “Farmers & Ranchers for Trump” event. And there are other, smaller in-person events scheduled on the campaign’s website.
But the coronavirus looms large over any in-person activities the campaign does. A spokesperson for the city of Las Vegas told Fox News last week that the city had been in touch with the organizers of the Evangelicals for Trump event to remind them of requirements like social distancing and mask-wearing. And an outdoor rally the campaign had scheduled for New Hampshire was canceled in late July ostensibly for weather-related reasons but has not been rescheduled.
The Trump campaign came under intense scrutiny for its decision to hold a large, in-person rally in Tulsa, Okla., in June. Following the rally, at least two Trump campaign staffers tested positive for the virus, as well as reportedly at least two Secret Service agents, according to the Washington Post, tested positive for the virus. The Tulsa event in the BOK Center, though not nearly filled to capacity, still drew thousands of attendees, most of whom were not wearing masks. Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain was also in attendance and not wearing a mask. He died in late July of complications from the novel coronavirus.
End of an era? Trump suggests no more rallies because of empty seats, by @agearanhttps://t.co/P2K18UN49Y
— Ashley Parker (@AshleyRParker) August 12, 2020
The Guardian spoke about Trump planning to no longer have rallies and published this:
“You can’t have empty seats,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News Radio, before recalling a conversation he had with an unnamed person, or group of people.
“You know, if I had five empty seats — for instance, they said: ‘Would I do a rally, sir?’ The reason I won’t do them [is] because: ‘You can have one seat and then seven around that seat, sir, have to be empty.’”
“Oh, that’ll look great,” Trump said.
“You know, you have one person and everything’s empty around them. You can’t do that.”
Donald Trump has got to be kept safe at all cost! So, if he’s not holding rallies simply because of social distancing rules and Covid concerns it’s understandable.
Donald Trump said it himself he has made enemies with people in high places that have a lot of money, so Trump finishing the rallies could also be the result of the Secret Service and CIA giving him inside information regarding his personal safety.
Join the conversation!
Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!