THIS ARTICLE STOLEN FROM WELOVETRUMP.COM. Your IP address has been recorded and a DMCA claim has been filed based on your actions. You should immediately cease and desist copying articles from WeLoveTrump.com
President Trump has always promised that he would put America’s interests first, and with his latest move, Trump is staying true to his word.
The president has announced a temporary halt of U.S. funding to the World Health Organization (WHO).
The United States is the single largest funding source for WHO, accounting for over 14 percent of the organization’s budget.
Despite our backing, many critics have argued that WHO is covering up for China and appears to be promoting China’s interest before the world’s interests.
For example, the WHO blindly repeated China’s claims that human-to-human transmission of the COVID-19 virus was impossible.
Of course, that claim is incredibly false.
More details on Trump’s WHO cutoff and what it means below:
Though the COVID-19 pandemic began and spread from Wuhan, China, the communist Chinese government has been attempting to cast blame on the U.S. government.
Some Chinese officials even shared conspiracy theories that the U.S. government and our military planted the virus in China.
These conspiracy theories don't have even a speck of evidence to back them up.
Yet, WHO seems intent on covering up for China while bashing the U.S. response to the deadliest pandemic in recent history.
The New York Times has more details on President Trump's decision to temporarily pause U.S. funding to WHO:
He [Trump] said his administration would conduct a review into whether the W.H.O. was responsible for “severely mismanaging and covering up” the spread.
“So much death has been caused by their mistakes,” the president told reporters during a White House briefing.
In effect, Mr. Trump was accusing the world’s leading health organization of making all of the mistakes that he has made since the virus first emerged in China and then spread rapidly. As of Tuesday, there had been about two million cases of the virus worldwide, and nearly 125,000 deaths. In the United States, there have been over 600,000 cases and 25,000 deaths from the virus.
The attack on the W.H.O., which was founded after World War II as part of the United Nations “to promote and protect the health of all peoples,” was the latest example of the president’s attempt to shift the blame throughout the crisis.
Over the past several months, Mr. Trump has repeatedly accused the news media, governors, Democratic members of Congress and former President Barack Obama of being responsible for the number of cases overwhelming the nation’s hospitals.
Asked directly in mid-March whether he was to blame for the lack of testing capacity in the country, Mr. Trump said, “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
The basis for the president’s anger at the W.H.O. was his contention that it was too quick to believe information about the virus coming from the Chinese government at a time when it should have been more critical. He said the W.H.O. “willingly took China’s assurances to face value” and “pushed China’s misinformation.”
To this date, there is a lot uncertainty surrounding the official narrative coming out of China.
The Chinese government, for example, claims that there are virtually no new cases in the country.
Many experts believe that China is either underreporting or covering up the actual number of cases.
The communist government was also under fire for sending faulty testing equipment to countries all over the world including Turkey and Spain. Those testing kits have since been returned to China.
Malik Obama, Barrack Obama, supports President Trump's decision to defund WHO.
See Obama's tweet, which confirms he is voting for Trump, below:
The president's decision has already received blowback from the same Democrats who have resisted his every move.
Some Democrats already claim that his defunding of WHO is the same as his decision to temporarily withholding funding from Ukraine.
Many fear that this is another attempt for Democrats to set-up an impeachment charge right before a national election.
Politico reports that House Democrats are already referring to the decision to halt funding to WHO in comparison to Ukraine:
Back in the U.S., House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) issued a statement labeling the administration’s announcement as “senseless,” adding that “this decision is dangerous, illegal and will be swiftly challenged.”
The aid freeze, House Democrats said, violates the same federal spending laws as the blockage of military assistance to Ukraine that partly prompted the president’s impeachment, while a senior official countered that the administration had “broad discretion” in how to spend the money.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) declined to comment. But Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), an influential voice within the GOP on matters of foreign policy and an outspoken China hawk, expressed support for the White House and bashed Gates.
The tech titan’s “decision to defend the performance of the WHO during the coronavirus crisis and current WHO leadership ignores overwhelming evidence of China bias and incompetence,” Graham said in a statement, insisting that “cutting off funding at this time is the right move.”
Trump effusively praised China and the WHO in the early stages of the outbreak — only recently shifting his tone as the administration’s handling of the U.S. response has come under greater media scrutiny.
Instead of politicizing the move, however, many people hope that Democrats will work together with the administration to put America First.
Given their actions in the last 3 years, however, that seems extremely unlikely.
While Trump is protecting the lives and livelihoods of the American people, Democrats would rather destroy President Trump.
This is the choice that voters will be faced with on election day.