This is a stunner.
In a letter from Rev. Roger J. Foys, the Diocese of Covington has apologized for it’s attack on the Covington Kids.
But here’s the kicker: they say they only made the premature statements after being “bullied and pressured” to do so.
Folks, the powers that be are working very hard to craft a narrative that supports the Left and demonizes the Right.
It happened again here, and now we even have proof of the pressure that was applied.
Watch The Apology Here:
CNN confirmed the stunning story:
A Catholic diocese in Kentucky said Friday it was "bullied and pressured" into a making a premature statement about a viral video showing a confrontation between a Native American elder and a Catholic school student, according to a letter the diocese's bishop wrote to parents.
The Rev. Roger J. Foys said in the letter that the leadership of the Diocese of Covington was "being pressured from all sides to make a statement" about the video clip.
"We are sorry that this situation has caused such disruption in the lives of so many," Foys wrote. "We apologize to anyone who has been offended in any way of our statements which were made with good will based on the information we had. We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a statement prematurely, and we take full responsibility for it."
Foys wrote he especially wanted to apologize to Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann -- the teen featured prominently in the video -- his family and all the Covington families affected by the video.
"Nicholas unfortunately has become the face of these allegations based on video clips. This is not fair. It is not just," Foys wrote.
The original January 19 statement said the diocese condemned the actions of the Covington students for the January 18 incident with Omaha Nation elder Nathan Phillips in Washington. The church also issued an apology to Phillips.
After more videos surfaced showing other vantage points, "the very same people who had put tremendous pressure on us to condemn the actions of the students now wanted a retraction from anyone who had previously issued a statement critical of them," Foys' Friday letter says. "All of this based again on a video."
Foys also wrote that Covington students and their families received death threats. The school was closed Tuesday, but reopened Wednesday morning, according to a letter from the high school to parents obtained by CNN affiliate WCPO.
The diocese is now awaiting the results of the investigation into the incident.
"It is my hope and expectation that the results will exonerate our students so that they can move forward with their lives," Foys wrote.
Tell Nancy To BUILD THE WALL NOW! 💥
Join the viral movement....