Steve Bannon, former Chief Strategist for President Trump, traveled to New York City today and surrendered to authorities.
He’s expected to face charges later today in the continual harassment by the New York courts.
Bannon turned himself over to New York authorities Thursday, as he is expected to face state fraud charges related to the “We Build the Wall” fundraiser.
Bannon is expected to be released on “no cash bail and surrender his passport,” a source familiar with the case told Fox News.
Trending: Donald Trump DESTROYS Rosie O’Donnell
The Gateway Pundit noted:
Steve Bannon is being indicted in New York a second time for his alleged role in “defrauding donors” who gave to the We Build the Wall charity.
Bannon is being charged with fraud for his role in the We Build the Wall charity.
The charity built more border wall, for less money, in less time than anything the federal government could ever hope for. But the left HATES border security so they are going after Steve.
On Wednesday Steve Bannon learned he was facing new criminal charges similar to the fraud investigation for which he was pardoned by Trump when the president left the White House.
“Bannon pleaded not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and money laundering for his role in the fundraiser, and was pardoned by former President Trump before a trial was held,” Fox News stated.
“Just days after being swatted three different times by deranged thugs from New York City inspired by the Biden Administration to assassinate me by police, the Soros-backed DA has now decided to pursue phony charges against me 60 days before the midterm election because WarRoom is the major source of the MAGA grassroots movement,” Bannon said in a statement.
“The [Southern District of New York] did the exact same thing in August 2020 to try to take me out of the election,” Bannon continued.
“It didn’t work then, it certainly won’t work now. This is nothing more than a partisan political weaponization of the criminal justice system.”
BREAKING: Steve Bannon responds after New York State indictment: ‘They are coming after all of us’ https://t.co/wVXc5wMPPv
— Jack Poso 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) September 7, 2022
— Jason Miller (@JasonMillerinDC) September 7, 2022
From The Post Millennial:
“They are coming after all of us,” Bannon said in a statement, “not only President Trump and myself. I am never going to stop fighting. In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first.”
In response to that indictment, Bannon issued a statement that speaks of recent swatting attempts against him, and accuses the “Soros-backed DA” of pursuing phony charges.
Bannon called out the new indictment in light of the upcoming midterm elections, where Democrats and Republicans are vying for power of Congress. He stated that it was due in part to his podcast WarRoom that he was being targeted.
He said the the Southern District of New York tried to take him “out of the election” in August 2020, when he was accused of taking $1 million in donations from a fund that had been set up to facilitate funding of the border wall along the US-Mexico border. The border wall was a campaign promise of Donald Trump’s.