House Democrats are pushing for their latest gun grab that’s reportedly more draconian than the original 1994 assault weapons ban.
Democrats reportedly changed the House rules to force a vote on H.R. 1808 Friday morning at 9 a.m.
These tyrants are manipulating the rules to squeak in a vote before recess on HR 1808!
— Firearms Policy Coalition (@gunpolicy) July 29, 2022
And now, tomorrow (according to the Chairman), HR 1808 could be on the floor of the House as soon as 9 AM EST. https://t.co/3ZlrOPC0MQ
— Uncle T (@UncleT4WVU) July 29, 2022
BREAKING: U.S. House Voting on HR 1808 to Ban Semi-Automatic Rifles Today
— NRA (@NRA) July 29, 2022
One Click Politics wrote:
Tyrants in DC are pushing through a new federal “assault weapons” ban that is even more draconian than the original 1994 ban. HR 1808 – which would ban nearly all ARs, AKs, AR pistols (and even many handguns and shotguns) – was advanced by the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, July 20th. By gaining the approval of the Judiciary Committee in a 25-18 vote, H.R. 1808 now awaits a full vote in the House.
H.R. 1808 would make it illegal for a person to import, sell, manufacture, or transfer the following:
- All semi-automatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one of the following features: a pistol grip; a forward grip; a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; a grenade launcher; a barrel shroud; or a threaded barrel.
- All semi-automatic rifles that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
- Bump stocks and any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle but not convert the rifle into a machinegun under NFA definitions.
- All semi-automatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one of the following features: a threaded barrel; a second pistol grip; a barrel shroud; a capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or a semi-automatic version of any automatic firearm.
- All semi-automatic shotguns that have at least one of the following: a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; a pistol grip; a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; the ability to accept a detachable magazine; a forward grip; a grenade launcher; or a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
- Any ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, drums, etc.) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- While this bill has a “grandfather” clause, allowing for the sale, transfer, or possession of restricted weapons and magazines lawfully possessed before the bill’s passage, it would choke off the supply of these items and drive up the cost for future generations of peaceable individuals.
This bill is an unacceptable assault on your fundamental human rights and MUST be opposed with all the vigor we can muster. There is still time to make an impact, so reach out to your members of Congress TODAY by utilizing FPC’s constituent outreach tool located on this page and demand that they oppose this, or any other, assault weapons ban!
Rep. Lauren Boebert aired this message:
EMERGENCY: A massive gun grab is underway here at the Capitol. pic.twitter.com/U0IaQcav1j
— Rep. Lauren Boebert (@RepBoebert) July 29, 2022