As usual, Trump was right once again.
A New York Judge has just ruled that President Trump has been cleared of the previous contempt of court charges brought against him.
Previously New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron found Trump in contempt back in April for reportedly not responding to a subpoena of the Trump Organization.
Alina Habba who is Trump’s lawyer who is overseeing the case said the contempt charge was never warranted to begin with.
BREAKING: A New York judge ruled that Donald Trump is no longer in contempt for failing to turn over documents demanded in a subpoena by the state's attorney general. https://t.co/RyuadDtWaj
— CBS News (@CBSNews) June 29, 2022
The Epoch Times had more details to add:
President Donald Trump has been cleared of contempt of court, a New York judge ruled on June 29.
New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron found Trump in contempt in April for not responding to a subpoena issued by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who began investigating the Trump Organization in 2019.
On Wednesday, Engoron purged the contempt order after reviewing additional documents submitted by Trump’s legal team. Additionally, Engoron said the $110,000 fine that Trump paid as part of the contempt finding will continue to be held in an escrow account, while the former president appeals the initial contempt order.
Trump was ordered to pay a fine of $10,000 per day in April, which added up to $110,000 in early May. The fine stopped accruing in early May following Engoron’s order.
Alina Habba, a lawyer for Trump, said in a statement that the original contempt ruling was “unwarranted.”
“Although we are pleased that the court has lifted the contempt finding, we maintain that it was wholly unwarranted and improper in the first place. We will push ahead with our appeal to secure justice for our client,” Habba said.
A New York state judge lifted a contempt order against Donald Trump that had been imposed after the former U.S. president failed to comply with a subpoena in a civil probe into his business practices. https://t.co/tPt7wUGAJH
— NEWSMAX (@NEWSMAX) June 29, 2022
CBS News has more on the story:
A New York judge ruled Wednesday that Donald Trump is no longer in contempt for failing to turn over documents demanded in a subpoena by the state’s attorney general.
The former president’s April 25 contempt finding came after he contested a December subpoena seeking records related to his personal finances and the financing of several properties. Trump claimed he had no material that was responsive to the subpoena, leading to demands by the judge and the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James that his attorneys provide detailed explanations of how they conducted their search.
“Although we are pleased that the court has lifted the contempt finding, we maintain that it was wholly unwarranted and improper in the first place,” Alina Habba, an attorney for Trump, said in a text message. “We will push ahead with our appeal to secure justice for our client.”
Judge Arthur Engoron, who declared the former president in contempt on April 25 for being slow to respond to a civil subpoena issued by New York’s AG, said he has now met conditions required to lift the sanction following a protracted legal battle. https://t.co/TZyyFaq3w2
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 30, 2022