New York State Assembly Bill A416 would have turned New York into America’s first fascist state.
The proposed legislation would have granted the governor the authority to imprison residents considered a ‘public health threat.’
Following vocal opposition to the quarantine camp bill, the sponsor withdrew the legislation.
But Governor Hochul wants to bypass the legislature and grant herself the authority to imprison New Yorkers anyway.
She has written regulations that will allow her to arrest and imprison suspected public health threats.
It’s an attempt by Hochul to become the first dictator of New York.
New York residents must immediately take action against this tyrannical attempted power grab.
NY Gov Hochul is INSANE!
Hochul Wants to Imprison Any Person Who she deems a "Public Health Threat”
Call her — (212) 681-4580 [leave message]
— Teachers for Choice (@teacher_choice) January 20, 2022
Wake up Sheep before it’s too late! I don't understand how any freedom loving person could live in NY. I am from NY. My family is in NY. I have friends there. I still can't get my arms around it. The sheep are okay with this unelected tyrant.https://t.co/ErxYfQwket
— Jillian (@Jillian22Betsy) January 21, 2022
Unelected @GovKathyHochul tryin' to circumvent the legislators and make a law that SHE can declare everyone wear a mask any time indoors, absent of any health emergency!
The regs would also expand the health care workers that need to jab or be fired!https://t.co/oavMKwub4R
— Carolyn 🎃 (@Carolyn86061809) January 21, 2022
NY Teachers for Choice explains:
Hochul is now attempting to give herself the power to detain and imprison anybody without trial who she declares to be a possible public health risk. We all know about Assembly bill A416, the public health gulag bill, which would have allowed the Governor to imprison without trial anyone she declares to be a public health risk. It sat in the assembly for six years and never went anywhere until it was finally withdrawn by the sponsor. So now Hochul will just give herself that power through a regulation. Nothing in the regulation stops her from declaring anyone who has not had the shot as a public health risk and vulnerable to arrest and imprisonment.
The regulation states:
For the purposes of quarantine orders, quarantine locations may include home quarantine, other residential or temporary housing quarantine, or quarantine at such other locations as the public health authority issuing the order deems appropriate, consistent with any direction that the State Commissioner of Health may issue.
(b) Any isolation or quarantine order shall specify:
(1) The basis for the order;
(2) The location where the person shall remain in isolation or quarantine, unless travel is authorized by the State or local health authority, such as for medical care;
(3) The duration of the order;
(4) Instructions for traveling to the isolation or quarantine location, if appropriate;
(5) Instructions for maintaining appropriate distance and taking such other actions as to prevent transmission to other persons living or working at the isolation or quarantine location, consistent with any direction that the State Commissioner of Health may issue;
(6) If the location of isolation or quarantine is not in a general hospital, instructions for contacting the State and/or local health authority to report the subject person’s health condition, consistent with any direction that the State Commissioner of Health may issue;
(7) If the location of isolation or quarantine is a multiple dwelling structure, that the person shall remain in their specific dwelling and in no instance come within 6 feet of any other person, and consistent with any direction that the State Commissioner of Health may issue;
(8) If the location of isolation or quarantine is a detached structure, that the person may go outside while remaining on the premise, but shall not leave the premise or come within 6 feet of any person who does not reside at the premise, or such other distance as may be appropriate for the specific disease, and consistent with any direction that the State Commissioner of Health may issue;
(9) Such other limitations on interactions with other persons as are appropriate, consistent with any direction that the State Commissioner of Health may issue;
(10) Notification of the right to request that the public health authority issuing the
order inform a reasonable number of persons of the conditions of the isolation or
(11) A statement that the person has the right to seek judicial review of the order;
(12) A statement that the person has the right to legal counsel, and that if the person is unable to afford legal counsel, counsel will be appointed upon request.
Hochul also wants to enact the following regulations:
NY Teachers for Choice published this call to action for New Yorkers:
Today please get on the phone and call the Governor and let her know that you are opposed to these proposed regulations and her effort to bypass our elected representative and us by sneaking this through as a regulation.
Governor Kathy Hochul (518) 474-8390, (212) 681-4580, Hochul only takes voice mail. Call anyway.
Fax (518) 474-1513
Email at governor.ny.gov
And call the leaders of the legislature and ask them if they support the Governor completing bypassing the legislative process:
This is just our beginning salvo in this fight. Our next move will be submitting comments. Regulations have the effect of law 60 days after they are published. Comments from the public are allowed and must be submitted by February 14. We will provide direction on what to do about that tomorrow.
Please share this message with friends and family and please post to social networks while we still can.