President Trump has just hinted that he will be in the White House once again.
In a statement released right after Facebook decided to ban him from their platform for two years, President Trump made it clear that he will be in the White House once again.
Trump was quoted saying “Next time I’m in the White House there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife. It will be all business!”
It appears President Trump will try to take down Big Tech companies who believe they are the arbiter of truth and free speech next time he’s in the oval office.
When Trump means business, he means business!
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) June 4, 2021
Reacting to his two-year ban from Facebook, Trump says any dinners he has with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg the “next time” he’s president will be “all business” https://t.co/f4YNBYbiw8 pic.twitter.com/OfpUAZ6RTh
— Forbes (@Forbes) June 4, 2021
Yahoo News covered the story and dropped these details:
President Donald Trump implied he would be making another run for president as he prepares for his first major public event since leaving office.
“Next time I’m in the White House there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife. It will be all business!” Trump said in a statement Friday afternoon after Facebook announced that he would remain banned from the platform for at least two more years.
Earlier this week, the New York Times and National Review reported that Trump believes he will be reinstated to the White House in August when unofficial audits of the 2020 election are completed.
"Next time I'm in the White House there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife," Trump said of Facebook's chief executive. "It will be all business!"https://t.co/7rugpSfIVG
— AFP News Agency (@AFP) June 4, 2021
Breitbart News got the scoop too:
President Donald Trump appeared to express regret Friday that he ever hosted Mark Zuckerberg at the White House for dinner after Facebook announced the former president would be suspended for two more years.
“Next time I’m in the White House there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife,” Trump wrote in a statement sent to reporters. “It will be all business!”
The former president’s statement immediately sparked curiosity from reporters who wondered if his statement confirmed that he planned to run again in 2024.
Trump issued his statement after Facebook announced its decision to ban him for two more years.
Facebook detailed a new set of rules to govern public officials on their platform, warning that Trump posed a “serious risk to public safety.”
“Given the gravity of the circumstances that led to Mr. Trump’s suspension, we believe his actions constituted a severe violation of our rules which merit the highest penalty available under the new enforcement protocols,” the statement from Facebook read.
Here’s Trump’s official press release: