Today, President Trump made his clearest signal yet that he intends to be in the White House again soon after responding to being banned on social media.
President Donald Trump has been banned from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
But to make matters worse, Facebook announced today that its ban will last for at least two years.
That’s right: even after two years, it will NOT be guaranteed that President Trump will be allowed back on the platform.
Big Tech has been accused of censoring voices on the political right.
As of this writing, not a single major Democrat politician has been banned from any of these social media websites.
In fact, many jihadist terrorists are still allowed on these platforms.
But the 45th president of the United States has been banned for incoherent reasons.
More details, including President Trump’s revealing response, below:
Facebook has upheld its ban of President Trump for the next two years. Regardless of your politics this should be chilling. We’ve effectively turned American big tech censorship into our version of China’s governmental censorship. https://t.co/Jbh0t0l0o5
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) June 4, 2021
Facebook announced they’re suspending Donald Trump for two years.
When will they be suspending the left wing groups that actually promoted violence all last summer?
RT if you agree → Time for big changes at Big Tech.
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) June 4, 2021
President Trump can't post on Facebook but Planned Parenthood can schedule killing babies in abortions. Insane.
— LifeNews.com (@LifeNewsHQ) June 4, 2021
Fortunately, President Trump is still fighting.
He proved that he didn’t need the traditional media to get his message out.
Perhaps he can prove once again that he doesn’t need social media either to communicate with the American people.
Trump has issued an epic response:
Next time I’m in the White House, there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife. It will be all business.
First, the major takeaway is that Trump definitely intends on running again.
Though no announcement has been made (or is expected for quite some time), the phrase “next time I’m in the White House” certainly implies that Trump believes he will be president again!
Unfortunately, until then, you can expect the mainstream media to be dancing on Trump’s political “grave” yet again.
But take hope — they always have predicted his demise, yet he comes back stronger each time.
BBC confirms President Trump’s epic reaction:
Facebook Inc has suspended former US President Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts for two years.
He was barred indefinitely from both sites in January in the wake of posts he made on the US Capitol riots, but last month Facebook’s Oversight Board criticised the open-ended penalty.
Facebook said Mr Trump’s actions were “a severe violation of our rules”.
Mr Trump said the move was “an insult” to the millions who voted for him in last year’s presidential election.
Facebook’s move comes as the social media giant is also ending a policy shielding politicians from some content moderation rules.
It said that it would no longer give politicians immunity for deceptive or abusive content based on their comments being newsworthy.
Mr Trump’s ban was effective from the date of the initial suspension on 7 January, Facebook’s vice-president of global affairs Nick Clegg said in a post.
“Given the gravity of the circumstances that led to Mr Trump’s suspension, we believe his actions constituted a severe violation of our rules which merit the highest penalty available,” it added.
“If we determine that there is still a serious risk to public safety, we will extend the restriction for a set period of time and continue to re-evaluate until that risk has receded.”
On his return, Mr Trump will be held to “a strict set of rapidly escalating sanctions,” for any violations, Mr Clegg’s statement noted.
In a statement issued from his Save America political action committee, Mr Trump said: “Facebook’s ruling is an insult to the record-setting 75m people, plus many others, who voted for us…”
“They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this censoring and silencing, and ultimately, we will win. Our country can’t take this abuse anymore!”
In a second statement on the two-year ban, Mr Trump attacked Facebook’s founder.
“Next time I’m in the White House there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife,” the former president said. “It will be all business!”
The move by Facebook allows Mr Trump to return to the platform before the 2024 presidential election.
It also comes as he prepares to again hold the large scale in-person rallies that were a signature of his campaigns and presidency. One of his first is planned for Dallas, Texas, in early July, according to local media.
Earlier this week, it emerged that the communications platform set up by Mr Trump in the wake of his social media bans – From the Desk of Donald J Trump – has been permanently shut down.
In addition to Facebook, which has over two billion monthly users, Mr Trump has also been banned from Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitch and other social media platforms over the January riot.
The scary part is that foreign leaders have been warning us about platforms like Facebook.
It appears that Big Tech is stepping on Constitutional rights and is slowly trying to wrest power away from the government.
Given Facebook's creepy quasi-judicial sentence that Trump is banned for two years conditioned on being well-behaved, it's worth recalling the warnings of world leaders of the dangers of tech monopolies having this power.
First: Mexico's President AMLO:
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) June 4, 2021
BREAKING: Facebook suspends former President Donald Trump's account for two years following finding that he stoked violence ahead of the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection. https://t.co/uIFJnsZ6gS
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 4, 2021
This should concern every American citizen!