Here's a narrative killer for everyone.
President Donald Trump just confirmed that he requested 10,000 National Guard troops just days before the Capitol riot.
President Trump gave a phone interview with Fox News on Sunday night, where he says he personally requested the 10,000 troops.
Among many topics, President Trump discussed the rumors of a new political party, his banning from Twitter, and immigration.
Trump said that his team alerted the Secretary of Defense and warned that the crowd could be much larger than expected, and that the 10,000 troops should be deployed.
He alleges that the request was rejected due to bad optics.
Fox News has this breaking news:
Former President Trump told Fox News late Sunday that he expressed concern over the crowd size near the Capitol days before last month's deadly riots and personally requested 10,000 National Guard troops be deployed in response.
Trump told "The Next Revolution With Steve Hilton" that his team alerted the Department of Defense days before the rally that crowds might be larger than anticipated and 10,000 national guardsmen should be ready to deploy. He said that -- from what he understands -- the warning was passed along to leaders at the Capitol, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- and he heard that the request was rejected because these leaders did not like the optics of 10,000 troops at the Capitol.
"So, you know, that was a big mistake," he said.
Pelosi’s office and the Defense Department did not immediately respond to an email inquiry from Fox News. Trump told Steve Hilton, the show’s host, that he "hated" to see what unfolded on Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol.
Much of what led to the riot at the Capitol remains a mystery.
Here's President Trump's conversation with Fox News host Steve Hilton:
Newsmax with more:
Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Sunday on Fox News’ "Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo" that Trump issued a "direct order" to have up to 10,000 troops ready.
Meanwhile, according to Jane Campbell, the president and CEO of the U..S. Capitol Historical society, Capitol Complex security is the direct responsibility of a four-member Capitol Police Board, which includes both the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, who report to the leaders of those chambers, reports PolitiFact.
Paul Irving, who had been the House sergeant-at-arms at the time of the attack, Michael Stenger, the Senate's sergeant-at-arms, and Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund all resigned after the attack.
According to reports from The Washington Post and The New York Times, Irving told Sund he didn't want troops at the Capitol on Jan. 6 because of "bad optics."
Pelosi's office and the Defense Department have not immediately responded to Trump's comments, reports Fox News.
Trump also told Hilton that he "hated'' to see what unfolded at the Capitol, but denied that he was watching the events unfold on television in real time and compared the riot to unrest that took place in cities such as Portland and Seattle last summer.
Even the Secretary of Defense confirmed as much!
One still has to wonder...
What else is Nancy Pelosi not telling us?