Skip to main content
We may receive compensation from affiliate partners for some links on this site. Read our full Disclosure here.

Labor Day In Seattle: Mostly Molotov Cocktails

Rioters went on the offensive in Seattle, again targeting a Police installation in the city.


Mostly peaceful protesters were at it again over Labor Weekend in Seattle. 

They were mostly unarmed. 

Except for the occasional Molotov Cocktail. 

From local KIRO 7 in Washington:

Twenty-two protesters were arrested on Labor Day for arson, assault, obstruction and failure to disperse after a large crowd marched from the International District to the Seattle Police Officers Guild building in SODO, police said.

A large crowd had gathered at Fourth Avenue South and blocked the northbound and southbound lanes at South Lander Street, the Seattle Department of Transportation reported.

Police said they arrested a number of rioters outside of the police union building because they refused to disperse after throwing rocks, bottles and homemade explosives at police.

When the crowd moved north on Fourth Avenue South, someone threw a Molotov cocktail at officers, authorities said. It reportedly exploded on the road. No one was injured."

And according to KOMO News in Washington, the mostly peaceful protesters were simply trying to mostly overrun a Police installation:

A body camera video released by police shows a Molotov cocktail being tossed in the street and catching fire as the group was being pushed back from the police guild building.

“We are in that building and we have to worry," said Jim Fuda, the director of law enforcement services for Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound. "We know people have been followed home."

Fuda said recent restrictions on crowd control weapons leave officers with fewer options when confronting riots like the one that happened on Labor Day.

“What happens when that goes away is you have batons, fists and God forbid the firearms,” Fuda said.

Protesters told KOMO News they were demonstrating peacefully when officers moved in to clear them. However, no one was willing to go on camera.

On social media, the event was billed as an anti-police demonstration.

Aside from the 22 initial arrests, police took five more people into custody while trying to impound a vehicle later in the night."

If these people were anything like their Portland counterparts, I'm sure all they really wanted to do was mostly burn the officers alive. 


Join the conversation!

Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!

Hey, Noah here!

Wondering where we went?

Read this and bookmark our new site!

See you over there!

Thanks for sharing!