THIS ARTICLE STOLEN FROM WELOVETRUMP.COM. Your IP address has been recorded and a DMCA claim has been filed based on your actions. You should immediately cease and desist copying articles from WeLoveTrump.com
The city of Seattle has begun removing concrete barricades from around the Capitol Hill Organized Protest or (CHOP).
This signals what we can only hope to be the end of this struggling Nation that was just never quite ready to stand on its own.
Much like every attempt at Socialism, this project has also failed.
The end of this project can't come soon enough as another shooting took place Monday morning that left one teenager dead, and another in critical condition.
Fox News has more:
Seattle Department of Transportation crews on Tuesday began removing concrete barriers marking the entrance to the area protesters are calling the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, or CHOP.
A crew used heavy machinery to remove the concrete barriers at 10th and East Pine Street. Seattle Police officers were also at the scene to assist crews in case protesters intervened.
Protesters almost immediately began to construct a makeshift barricade to take the concrete barrier’s place, moving furniture, trash cans and plywood into the road to continue to block traffic into the area.
As of Tuesday morning, no plans had been set in place to remove the other concrete barriers in front of the abandoned East Precinct, according to Seattle Police Department Assistant Chief Adrian Diaz.
Monday marked the fourth shooting near the CHOP zone since the occupation began three weeks ago.
A 16-year-old boy was killed and a 14-year-old boy remained hospitalized in critical condition after a shooting on 12th Avenue between Pike and Pine around 3 a.m.
It's ludicrous that this madness has been allowed to continue for so long, especially when so many officials agree that the violence needs to end.
The police chief said violence in the autonomous zone "is a real problem" and said she questions "why would we continue to allow this to happen."
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan's administration has been cautious about moving back into the protest zone. Friday, a spokeswoman for the mayor told CNN it's possible the CHOP area "could last a few more weeks."
The drawn-out approach has brought criticism from both local and national leaders -- including President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly tweeted about the CHOP area.
The police chief said it's time for people to leave the autonomous protest zone.
"There are multiple people who are being injured and hurt, and we need to do something about it," Best said.
"We're asking the people remove themselves from this area for the safety of the people," she said. " It is absolutely irresponsible for this trend to continue."
As Police and city workers get to work, one can't help but wonder what finally convinced Mayor Jenny Durkan to make a move.
Perhaps when protesters surrounded her home and made her feel unsafe, she finally realized the seriousness of the situation.
It's too bad she didn't figure that out before more people died.