Since Democrat billionaire Michael Bloomberg joined the 2020 presidential race, his news outlet announced that they will not be investigating him or any other Democrat candidates for that matter.
However, they will still be investigating (and writing hit pieces on) President Trump.
That sound like fair and unbiased reporting to you?
Team Trump sure didn’t think so.
In a statement, Trump’s campaign manager Brad Parscale announced that in response to the troubling decision by Bloomberg News, the media company’s press credentials will be revoked, at least until they reverse their decision.
Read the full statement from Parscale on this here:
I think the Trump campaign's response was pretty warranted, given what Bloomberg News has been posting lately:
What do you think?
Here's what Bloomberg News themselves had to say about this:
The Trump campaign announced Monday that it intends to exclude Bloomberg News reporters from its events, including the president’s political rallies, after the news organization said it wouldn’t investigate Democratic presidential candidates.
Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale said in a statement that the Bloomberg News policy, enacted after Bloomberg LP founder and majority owner Michael Bloomberg announced he would run for president, is unfair to President Donald Trump. In response, the campaign will no longer credential Bloomberg News reporters to cover its events, he said.
“The decision by Bloomberg News to formalize preferential reporting policies is troubling and wrong,” Parscale said in a statement. “Since they have declared their bias openly, the Trump campaign will no longer credential representatives of Bloomberg News for rallies or other campaign events.”
Republican Party Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said on Twitter that her organization also would no longer credential Bloomberg News journalists.
Trump assailed both Bloomberg News and the New York Times in a tweet issued late Monday from London, after the Times’ executive editor, Dean Baquet, criticized the president’s campaign for the decision to exclude Bloomberg reporters from events.
“We condemn any action that keeps quality news media from reporting fairly and accurately on the presidency and the leadership of the country,” Baquet said.
The New York Times also said:
President Trump’s re-election campaign said on Monday that it would bar Bloomberg News journalists from attending its rallies and political events, an attempt to retaliate against the news organization’s decision to cease investigating Democratic candidates in the wake of its billionaire owner’s entry into the 2020 presidential race.
The Trump campaign broke from years of precedent in 2016 by revoking the press credentials of journalists from outlets like The Washington Post, Politico and BuzzFeed News, an early sign of the efforts to demonize the news media that have become a hallmark of the Trump presidency.
But Bloomberg News is facing a fraught situation, too. After the company’s owner, Michael R. Bloomberg, decided last month to pursue the Democratic nomination, editors at the news outlet instructed their reporters to avoid “in-depth investigations” of Mr. Bloomberg or any other Democratic candidate. It was an attempt at fairness that some journalists called stifling.
On Monday, Mr. Trump’s campaign manager, Brad Parscale, called it something else: biased.
“Bloomberg News has declared that they won’t investigate their boss or his Democrat competitors, many of whom are current holders of high office, but will continue critical reporting on President Trump,” Mr. Parscale wrote in a statement, calling the decision “troubling and wrong.”
“Since they have declared their bias openly, the Trump campaign will no longer credential representatives of Bloomberg News for rallies or other campaign events,” Mr. Parscale wrote. The campaign said it would decide “on a case-by-case basis” whether to respond to inquiries from individual reporters on stories.
The editor in chief of Bloomberg News, John Micklethwait, quickly fired back.
“The accusation of bias couldn’t be further from the truth,” Mr. Micklethwait wrote in a statement. “We have covered Donald Trump fairly and in an unbiased way since he became a candidate in 2015 and will continue to do so despite the restrictions imposed by the Trump campaign.”