President Trump Just Sent $3.6 BILLION To Fund More Of The Wall!


Just like he promised, President Trump is freeing up money from less important parts of the budget and funneling it towards the Wall.

He is ALWAYS a man of his word.

Check it out:

navy-hat-10.jpeg

Here's more, from The Hill:

The Trump administration is moving forward with its plan to divert $3.6 billion from military construction projects, notifying congressional leaders and lawmakers whose states will be impacted by the shuffle. 

 Defense Secretary Mark Esper called congressional leaders, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), on Tuesday to detail the decision to reprogram the money away from military construction projects and to the border. Schumer, who has projects in his home state that will be impacted, panned the decision as a "slap in the face" to members of the military.  

"The president is trying to usurp Congress’s exclusive power of the purse and loot vital funds from our military. Robbing the Defense Department of much-needed funds is an affront to our service members and Congress will strongly oppose any funds for new wall construction," he added. Pelosi told House Democrats on a caucuswide conference call on Tuesday that Esper also informed her of the move earlier in the day, according to a call participant.

"Canceling military construction projects at home and abroad will undermine our national security and the quality of life and morale of our troops, making America less secure," Pelosi said later in a public statement. "The House will continue to fight this unacceptable and deeply dangerous decision in the Courts, in the Congress and in the court of public opinion, and honor our oath to protect the Constitution," she added.

Did CBS Just Publish The Infamous “Clinton Kill List”?

Pentagon officials on Tuesday also confirmed that Esper approved $3.6 billion in Defense Department dollars to build 175 miles of wall on the U.S.- Mexico border, with Congress being briefed on the construction projects that will be affected by the order. The notification to congressional leadership comes following Trump's declaration of a national emergency earlier this year to access more money for the border wall after Congress passed a funding bill that included only $1.35 billion for the border.

Republicans bristled over Trump's decision to declare the national emergency to get wall funding, but Congress was unable to override Trump's veto of a resolution to nix the declaration. Democrats have pledged to force another vote this fall. As part of the declaration, Trump announced that he would reshuffle $3.6 billion from military construction projects.

Republicans are promising to "back fill" the money in the upcoming government funding bills, though that requires cooperation from Democrats. In the meantime, roughly 127 military construction projects are being put on hold, half of which are overseas and half of which are planned U.S. projects, according to the Pentagon.

Pentagon Comptroller Elaine McCusker, who also spoke to reporters, said construction is expected to begin in about 135 days.

Officials also said that the additional miles of wall to be built are expected to diminish the number of U.S. troops deployed to the border but could not give an estimate as to how many.

SUPPORT TRUMP!

Check availability here.

Freehat4-1.jpg

You Might Like
Choose A Format
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles