How many times have Democrat (socialist) House representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar been surrounded by controversy since they took their seats in Congress?
Perhaps a better question would be when have we NOT seen them at the center of controversy?
These two have given the Democrat party so much bad publicity since they were elected that the public’s negative perception of them might spell doom for the entire Democrat party in 2020!
According to a just-released poll that surveyed Democrats, AOC & Omar’s unpopularity may be enough to tip the House Republican!
Take a look at news of the survey’s results on Twitter:
Here's an overview of the poll from Axios:
Top Democrats are circulating a poll showing that one of the House's most progressive members — Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — has become a definitional face for the party with a crucial group of swing voters.
Why it matters: These Democrats are sounding the alarm that swing voters know and dislike socialism, warning it could cost them the House and the presidency. The poll is making the rounds of some of the most influential Democrats in America.
- "If all voters hear about is AOC, it could put the [House] majority at risk," said a top Democrat who is involved in 2020 congressional races. "[S]he's getting all the news and defining everyone else’s races."
The poll — taken in May, before Speaker Pelosi's latest run-in with AOC and the three other liberal House freshmen known as "The Squad" — included 1,003 likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education.
- These are the "white, non-college voters" who embraced Donald Trump in 2016 but are needed by Democrats in swing House districts.
- The group that took the poll shared the results with Axios on the condition that it not be named, because the group has to work with all parts of the party.
- Ocasio-Cortez was recognized by 74% of voters in the poll; 22% had a favorable view.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota — another member of The Squad — was recognized by 53% of the voters; 9% (not a typo) had a favorable view.
The Washington Examiner has more to say:
An internal Democratic poll that is circulating among party leaders shows Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota might be a liability to their party in the 2020 election.
The poll, whose details were published by Axios on Sunday, surveyed over 1,000 white voters with two or less years of college education.
It found that 74% of those polled recognized Ocasio-Cortez, while only 22% of them had a positive view of her. Additionally, 53% of those polled recognized Omar, while only 9% had a favorable view of her.
A top Democrat involved in the 2020 congressional races said these numbers risk tipping seats in the 2020 election.
"If all voters hear about is AOC, it could put the majority at risk," they said. "[S]he's getting all the news and defining everyone else’s races."