JUSTICE: Covington Students File $250 MILLION Lawsuit Against The Washington Post!

More lawsuits expected to follow!


Remember when we reported that the Covington teens had hired a high-powered lawyer and were looking to sue over defamation of their character?

Many people back then said nothing would ever happen.

Well guess what….they just filed suit and it’s for $250 MILLION!

Trending: John Solomon Reports: Mark Zuckerberg Sent At Least $350 Million To Election Judges!

I guess maybe the Mainstream Media should focus more on fairly reporting the news without bias and not trying to do attack journalism?

Imagine that….kind of like it’s supposed to be!

Bravo to these kids for standing up for their reputations!

Breaking:

Reuters had more details:

A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, sued the Washington Post for defamation on Tuesday, claiming the newspaper falsely accused him of racist acts and instigating a confrontation with a Native American activist in a January videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial. 

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world’s richest person, paid for the Post in 2013. 

The lawsuit claims that the newspaper “wrongfully targeted and bullied” the teen to advance its bias against President Donald Trump because Sandmann is a white Catholic who wore a Make America Great Again souvenir cap on a school field trip to the March for Life anti-abortion rally in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 18. 

Representatives for the Washington Post did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

....

FIRST OF MANY 

In a statement, Sandmann’s Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead. 

A private investigation firm retained by Covington Diocese in Park Hills, Kentucky found in a report released last week no evidence the teenagers provoked a confrontation. 

The students were met at the Lincoln Memorial by offensive statements from members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, the report said. 

Protesters demonstrate against Trump emergency order

The investigation also determined that the students did not direct any racist or offensive comments toward Phillips although several performed a “tomahawk chop” to the beat of his drum. 

Phillips claimed in a separate video that he heard the students chanting “build that wall,” during the encounter, a reference to Trump’s pledge to build a barrier along the U.S. border with Mexico. 

The investigators said they found no evidence of such a chant and that Phillips did not respond to multiple attempts to contact him.

The Hill confirmed:

Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School student who was at the center of a viral confrontation with a Native American elder in Washington, D.C., last month, has sued The Washington Post for $250 million over its coverage of the confrontation.

The defamation lawsuit accuses the Post of having "targeted and bullied" Sandmann, who was in Washington for the March for Life and came into contact with Nathan Phillips, a Native American elder who was there for the Indigenous People's March.

Sandmann, who was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat, could be seen on video standing close to Phillips and smirking. 

Sandmann's lawsuit claims that the Post published "a series of false and defamatory print and online articles."

The lawsuit also claims that the Post targeted him in an effort to "advance its well-known and easily documented, biased agenda" against President Trump. The suit says that the newspaper wanted to "lead the charge against this child because he was a pawn in its political war against its political adversary."

A spokesperson for the Post said the newspaper is reviewing the lawsuit and plans "to mount a vigorous defense."

Tell Nancy To BUILD THE WALL Now! âś…



Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Send this to a friend